May 13th is National Cytotechnology Day
To commemorate Dr. George Papanicolaou's contributions to the field of medicine, May 13 - his birthday - has been designated National Cytotechnology Day (NCD).
Ways to celebrate National Cytotechnology Day in your lab:
- Educate others in your laboratory, hospital and community about the work of Dr. George Papanicolaou and the importance of the Pap test
- Invite local high school and college students to your lab to inform them of a career in cytotechnology and what academic and technical requirements are necessary
- Make a poster or exhibit or provide a lab tour to educate others about what cytotechnologists do
- Get an official NCD proclamation from the governor or mayor
- Proudly wear t-shirts celebrating NCD
- Bake cookies decorated as various types of cells and share with colleagues
- Create and play games like Cytojeopardy with your staff - it's both fun and educational
The ASCT would like to share how labs celebrate NCD. Please send us photos, ideas and articles on how you celebrated NCD this year to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your lab will be featured in the next issue of The Voice.
Handouts for registered conference attendees will continue to be available.
New Benefits for Members: “Ask ASCT” & Membership Directory
As an ASCT member you now have access to a wealth of knowledge and resources. Visit the Member’s Only Section to access “Ask ASCT” and view the directory of topics and contacts. You can email your questions directly from the website.
Trying to track down a long lost colleague? The new ASCT Membership Directory is at your service. The directory is located in the Members Only section of the website. Not a member? Join ASCT or renew your membership today! International members are accepted in all membership categories.
How to join ASCT and renew your ASCT membership
ASCT membership is easy to complete online by following the instructions below.
You may complete your membership renewal online or print an application form and send it in via mail or fax. International members are welcomed in all categories.
- If you are a current member, log into the website with your user ID and password and then click on Update Profile on the left-hand side of the screen to continue your renewal process and make any contact information changes.
- If you are a new member, please click here in order to set up your user profile.
- In order to access your online account, please be sure to first set up your user name and password.
ASCT Membership has many privileges: