Click here to make an online donation. Thank you in advance for making a difference!
The mission of the ASCT Foundation is to support and enhance special programs of the Society by funding awards, publications and other projects that promote the advancement of cytotechnology.
"It was truly an honor to be recognized by my peers when I was awarded the very prestigious 2015 Holmquist Cytotechnologist Achievement Award. Winning this award would not have been possible without the inspiration I have received by having the opportunity to serve the profession for many years with wonderful colleagues at ASCT and ASCT Services. I hope the enthusiasm I have for this profession is carried on by those coming into the field and those continuiing in the field as we look at a very different and unique future for Cytology. Thank you to the ASCT Foundation for such an honor".
Fern Miller, MSM, CT(ASCP)
2015 Holmquist Award Winner
"Going to the annual conference in Charleston was an amazing experience and I hope to be able to attend more in the future. I would like to thank the ASCT Foundation for providing the funding for registration costs it really helped offset the costs of the trip."
1st place winner
2014 Student Case Presentations
John (Jianhua) Zhang
3rd Place winner
2014 Student Case Presentations
- Encourage students to advance the field of cytotechnology by offering Warren R. Lang Memorial Student Awards for outstanding scientific case presentations and subsidizing student registration at ASCT annual conferences.
- Recognize individual cytotechnologists' contributions to the field of diagnostic cytology by sponsoring awards such as the Marion and Nelson Holmquist Cytotechnologist Achievement Award and the Allen Achievement in Writing Award.
- Sponsor special communications and publications of the Society, such as the "Guide to Cytopreparation", which provide educational resources for practicing cytotechnologists and students.
Who We Are
The ASCT Foundation was established in 1998 to support and enhance special programs of the Society. The ASCT Foundation is incorporated as a non-profit organization that has tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code, section 501 (c) (3), providing opportunities for Society members, private individuals, corporation and other interested parties to make tax-deductible contributions in order to promote and improve the practice of cytology.
The ASCT would like to thank all our donors for their continued support.
Benefactor Level ($1,000+)
ASCT Services, Inc.
Action Specialty Co.
Cytology Association of Alabama
FirstPoint Management Resources
Iowa Society of Cytology
Mountain States Society of Cytology
Leader Level ($500- $999)
Partner Level ($250 - $499)
Deanna Kaye Iverson
Catherine M. Keebler
Click here for Member Level Donors ($1 - $249) and a complete donor listing.
Why You Should Support the ASCT Foundation
- The ASCT is the only organization governed solely by and for cytotechnologists. Because of our commitment to current and future cytotechnologists, we are dedicated to providing educational programs, materials and resources that are of high quality, which are affordable and accessible to all cytology professionals.
- The ASCT also believes the support and encouragement of cytotechnology students is an essential investment in the future of our profession. As a result, the ASCT remains one of the only cytology organizations to offer student subsidies to attend annual meetings and to offer awards for student involvement and participation.
- Your donation to the ASCT Foundation will ensure the current activities supported by the Foundation will continue to be available to all cytology professionals, and will allow us to develop programs that will sustain our mission in the future as our profession continues to evolve.
- The ASCT Foundation is incorporated as a non-profit organization that has tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code, section 501 (c) (3). This provides opportunities for Society members, private individuals, corporation and other interested parties to make tax-deductible contributions in order to promote and improve the practice of cytology.
We ask you to consider a contribution toward helping the Foundation accomplish its goals. The actual dollar amount will not be listed, however, recognition of your gift will be made on our website and other Foundation materials such as the ASCT Voice and Annual Meeting syllabus unless you wish to have your contribution remain anonymous. ASCT will make every effort to honor designated contributions toward a specific award or purpose. Click here for the bylaws.
Ways to Support the ASCT Foundation
ASCT will accept gifts of cash, stock or property. 100% of your donation will be used to further the mission and goals of the ASCT Foundation. Gifts may be named in honor or memory of another person. To learn more about how to include ASCT in your will or estate planning contact your lawyer or financial planner. Click here for our easy to use estate planning worksheet and FAQ's.
ASCT is providing this information on the website to assist users in the decision making process of estate planning. It is not intended to be professional advice or direction. Please contact your lawyer or financial advisor.
Your donation to the ASCT Foundation will ensure the current activities supported by the Foundation will continue to be available to all cytology professionals, and will allow us to develop programs that will sustain our mission in the future as our profession continues to evolve.
Pledge levels include:
- Member Level ($1 - $249)
- Partner Level ($250 - $499)
- Leader Level ($500 - $999)
- Benefactor Level ($1000 and above)